Wednesday 4 December 2013

Interviews, 2013 Compared To The 80's - Contextual Studies

Interview with Chris, 2013.

1. Do you have a job and if so what is it?
   I work in a call centre and receive minimum wage.
   Does this affect what you wear?
   Occasionally, if I have work after college I have to wear a shirt and smart trousers but otherwise no.
2. What music do you listen to?
Alternative music such as 30 Seconds To Mars, My Chemical Romance, Bring Me The Horizon and Lady Gaga.
Does this affect what you wear?
Yes. I wear dark clothes, nail varnish, eyeliner and band t-shirts.
3. What do you do for fun?
Get drunk, go to parties, have sleepovers.
Does this affect what you wear?
Not really apart from the fact that I try harder to look nice.
4. What is your hair like?
I dye it expressive colours.
5. Who is your icon?
Lady Gaga.
Does this affect what you wear?
I wear more extreme clothes and try to be out there with my look.
 
 
Interview with my dad, 1980's.
 
1. Did you have a job and if so what was it?
I was a paper boy, worked in a chippy and in a restaurant.
Did this affect what you wore?
I had to wear a uniform in the chippy and restaurant but outside of work no it didn't.
2. What music did you listen to?
Heavy metal such as White Snake, Queen, Def Leppard and Iron Maiden.
Did this affect what you wore?
Yes, I work band shirts and had a leather jacket with tassels.
3. What did you do for fun?
Went to the swamp, played on a rope swing, played football.
Did this affect what you wore?
No.
4. What was your hair like?
It was a little longer than it is now and more curly. Instead of falling down my face it was quite high.
5. Who was your icon?
Daley Thompson.
Did this affect what you wore?
I tended to wear sporty clothing.
 
 
2013 doesn't seem to differ too much from the 80's. The differences shown in my two interviews are that people these days tend to be more expressive and wear more makeup. Also the difference in what they do for fun, these days people tend to go out and party and get drunk whereas in the 80's people did more sport and had fun outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment