Thursday 10 October 2013

Written Statement - Digital Design


My garment has been inspired by the 1980’s era. I have used a baggy jumper as these were popular in the 80’s due to the film Fame. As the brief was to customize my garment and make it into a party outfit I have added sequins, studs and lace. In the 80’s a jumper like this would be worn to a party over leggings.

The jumper I used was an old one of my mum’s which she wore in the 80’s and I bought the sequins, studs and lace from a stall in the market.

As I did not have to buy the actual garment it only cost me about £5.00 to make. A bag of sequins cost 50p, the studs cost £2.00 and the lace cost £2.50.

Since I was a little girl I loved going to the theatre and seeing all the bright and colourful costumes on stage and this has made me want to become a costume designer. I have not yet decided if I would like to go to university or to go straight on to work after I have left college but I will do whatever is best to achieve my dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment