Thursday 27 February 2014

Manchester Museum Visit - Digital Design

  1. I will look at the 'Cloth and Clothing' exhibition and get inspiration for my recreations and designs.
  2. I will look at the 'Masks and Carvings' exhibition to get ideas for patterns and headpieces.
  3. I will take pictures of the exhibition. I aim to capture around 15-20 photos.
  4. I will find information about the different tribes and cultures. I aim to collect around 5 different pieces of information.
  5. I will make sketches as I go around the museum to inspire my recreations. I aim to draw around 5 sketches.




At the museum I found a picture of Wahktageli (The Gallant Warrior). He was painted dressed in ceremonial costume with dyed porcupine quill decoration. This was helpful because the embellishments on his costume may help with my recreations for the North American Indian tribe.



I also found blankets and pieces of cloth from the North American Indian tribes and the picture I took of them will help with the pattern work on my recreations.



There were also some garments from the North American Indian tribes such as a dress, leggings, a hat and a shirt. The style and colours of the garments will help me for recreations and maybe for my final piece if I pick this tribe.



At the museum there were three pairs of shoes from the North American Indian tribes. The shoes were called moccasins and the patterns on them and the beadwork will help me with my recreations and pattern work.





    No comments:

    Post a Comment