Thursday 27 March 2014

Workshop Diary - Digital Design

 
 24th March 2014
 

 



I used skirt patterns on a small scale to practice drawing out how to make different styles of skirt patterns. As shown to the left I have drawn how to make a skirt longer and shorter, how to make it into a pencil skirt and a flared skirt. I've also used a formula to show how to make a circular skirt. The formula is waist measurement + 4cm, then divided by 6.28 to get the radius. To get the mini version shown in the image I divided the whole thing by 5 to get it to a 1/5 scale.

All the patterns shown to the left can be used again and again in the future and they can also be mixed together to create different types of skirts as shown below.
 

 













On this image I have lengthened a skirt pattern and then flared it to make a maxi skirt. I then drew this pattern out on a larger scale so that it will fit a person as shown below.


I then drew around this pattern onto calico, I drew the pattern on the fold so that when I folded it out I ended up with double the pattern for the front of the skirt. This skirt will then be used to experiment with my tribal colours and recreations and my textiles techniques.


 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment