Sunday 5 January 2014

Artists Related To My Work - Digital Design

 
 








Antonio Berardi is a fashion designer who started his career by doing an apprenticeship with John Galliano. I found this picture of a fashion illustration created by him in the book Fashion Illustrations by Fashion Designers. I chose this image as part of my research as the ruffled collars drawn by him fits in with my Gothic Burlesque circus theme and is later recreated in some of my rough illustrations.
























 


I also found an illustration, in the same book, by Jorgen Simosen. It shows a gathered skirt which is layered and ends just above the knees at the front but trails longer at the back. This skirt shape and style is recreated in a few different ways in my rough illustrations.













In the book Fashion Today I found several images of corsets and skirts which are recreated and redrawn in my illustrations.

The Corset 1962, photo by Jeanloup Sieff















Dolce & Gabbana 1991-1992





Model: Kristen McMenamy, photo by Miles Aldridge 1996





Krizia bustier 1992, photo by G. Gastel

 
 


Alexander McQueen, Dazed and Confused 1998, photo by Nick Knight


















All of the above pictures were found in books however i took some of the photos and also researched them on the internet. After a few giving me hardly any information I found that the photo showing Kristen McMenamy wearing a corset lead me to a site called Style.com. This website told of a few designers showing a darker side to their designs, giving links to zombies and vampires, in the fall of 2013. One of the designers mentioned in the article was called Gareth Pugh and I found some of his work quite interesting and found that it linked to my theme in certain ways such as the colour scheme and the materials used. After researching little more into the collection I found that he used bin bags in some of his designs and this piece of information may come in handy when I am deciding the final materials to use in my garment.















































































































































































































































Another artist who has created designs that have inspired my work is Christian Dior with his 'New Look'. The New Look is basically just an hourglass silhouette with a drawn in waist and wider hips. The hourglass silhouette created by Dior has been shown in many of my rough illustrations. Images of Dior's 'New Look' are shown below. The images have been taken by myself in a museum.
















No comments:

Post a Comment